The Dispatch Co-ordinator plays a key role in ensuring our plants are delivered to our customers across Australia, on time and in excellent condition. Key responsibilities include team management, preparing freight and quarantine documents, booking daily freight, stock picking and preparing plants for dispatch. This role is also the 2IC to the Dispatch Team Leader.
What we are looking for
1. Personal qualities
You need to be forward thinking, committed to doing great work, have attention to detail and above all, be passionate about your job. A friendly, helpful and optimistic approach is essential! To fit in well at Proteaflora, you must be:
- Passionate about plants
- Act with integrity always
- Self-motivated – “Can do, will do”
- Resilient & adaptable
- Responsible & accountable
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic
- Collaborative, a team player
- Communicate effectively
- Outward focussed and community minded
- Experience in Horticultural Logistics/Dispatch.
- Experience in leading and managing a high-performance team.
- Are physically fit and love being active.
- Are happy working outdoors in all weather.
- Logical thought processes.
- Computer literate and competent working with various types of software.
- Are licensed to drive a motor vehicle.
- Have a current forklift licence (ideally).
- Horticulture qualification or relevant experience.
- Working week is 40 hours Monday to Saturday as rostered (5 days 7.30am to 4pm).
- An additional 24 hours of leave per year in the form of 3 lifestyle days, for those odd days when you need to have your car serviced or have an appointment somewhere.
- We provide uniform, protective clothing and training (both internal and external)
Have a good look around our website, and get a feel for what we do. If you think you’d like to join Proteaflora, please send us your resume with a covering letter that must include why you want this position and how your personal qualities, skills and qualifications make you our ideal candidate.
Applications close 14th December 2020.